Saturday 9 July 2011

Email from Kevin McGinty dated 26 July 2010

RE: Dr David Kelly
From:
Kevin McGinty <Kevin.McGinty@attorneygeneral> 
To:Stephen <stephen.frost@>
Monday, 26 July, 2010 18:16:23

Dear Dr Frost

I am sorry I have not been able to get back to you sooner.  I
acknowledge receipt of your report.

I'm sure you'll appreciate that the Lord Chancellor and the AG meet
often and their discussions, which of course cover a range of issues,
are confidential.

In terms of the consideration which the ministers are giving to the
circumstances surrounding Dr Kelly's death,  I am sure that once the
Lord Chancellor has decided whether or not he may release material to
you and your colleagues he will inform you.  Then, as I explained on
Friday, depending on the Lord Chancellor's decision, the Attorney
General may give further consideration on whether, and how, his
responsibilities under section 13 of the Coroners Act should be
exercised.

Yours sincerely


Kevin McGinty
Attorney General's Office
020 7271 ....

No comments:

Post a Comment